About the School
St Mary’s Church of England Infant School was founded in 1813 and moved to new premises on Church Green in 1856. The building is not easily recognisable as a school as its handsome Victorian buildings blend inconspicuously into the Cotswold stone terraced houses around it.
St Mary’s Infant School is a Church of England School catering for children between the ages of 4 and 7. Currently children are offered a full time place in Reception in the September following their 4th birthday. The school is a member of the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust.
The school has up to 90 pupils, arranged over three years, and this relatively small number and our strong Christian vision is a contributory factor to the happy family atmosphere for which we are well known. St Mary’s has all the benefits of a village school in a town.
Parents considering sending their children to St Mary’s are asked to contact the office to make an appointment to visit the school during one of our ‘Stay and Play’ Open Mornings where there will be an opportunity to see the school and meet the Headteacher, Mrs Grier.
“The effective provision and the support that pupils receive in class and at additional times throughout the school day are enabling them to make rapid gains in knowledge and understanding.”