At St Mary’s we recognise that all staff and governors have a full and active part to play in protecting our pupils from harm and that your child’s welfare is our paramount concern.
See Safeguarding Policy, E-safety and Anti-bullying policies for more details.
Children can find help when they need it by calling Childline on 0800 1111 or looking at their website.
Keeping your children safe also includes:
- Following up on non-attendance at school;
- Maintaining a robust system of risk assessment and risk management;
- Complying with Health and Safety requirements and engaging in an annual external audit;
- Maintaining vigilance around site security;
- Having a Critical Incident Policy and plans to deal effectively if situations arise;
- Ensuring staff have relevant First Aid training and that a First Aid and Managing Medicines policy is in place;
- Teaching your children about personal safety and how to deal with concerns and situations.
Persons responsible for safeguarding at St Mary's:
Mrs Sarah Grier - Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Sarah Costley - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Miss Julie Atkinson - Deputy Deisignated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Kate Pengelly - Safeguarding Governor