St. Mary’s School was established in 1813, when the present premises were bought by the National School Board. In 1953 it became a Church of England controlled School for Infant children, and the Junior children transferred to the Batt School premises.
The building faces the attractive Church Green and is not easily recognisable as a school as it blends inconspicuously into the Cotswold stone terraced buildings around it.
St. Mary’s Infant School is a Church of England School catering for children between the ages of 4 and 7. Currently children are offered a full time place in Reception the September following their 4th birthday.
The school can house 90 pupils and this relatively small number is a contributory factor in helping us to provide the happy family atmosphere for which we are well known. St. Mary’s has all the benefits of a village school in a town setting with three classes which are arranged chronologically.
Parents considering sending their children to St. Mary’s are asked to contact the office to make an appointment to visit the school during one of it’s ‘Stay and Play Open Mornings’ where there is the opportunity to meet the Headteacher, Mrs. Grier.